Senior VFX Artist
Job Title:Senior Technical Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As a Senior Technical Artist, will provide support building and delivering key technologies and workflows that enable artists and designers to quickly implement visual content into our games. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for art quality and knowledge of real-time requirements and constraints. He or she will act as a bridge between art and engineering demonstrating superior communication skills to facilitate problem solving between departments while adding new ideas, new techniques and working with the latest technologies to create world-class games. .
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Establish consistent and optimal best practices
• Consistently push content creation to maximum potential
• Create tools and processes that facilitate content authoring with an emphasis on user experience, quality and productivity
• Collaborate with other Technical Artists to improve studio tools and pipelines.
• Proactively identify problems, propose solutions and seek out buy-in from the team regarding implementation strategy
• Advanced understanding of one or more commercially available real-time engines (e.g. UE4, Unity, CryEngine).
• Artistic eye with advanced understanding of the creation & integration of 3D art
• Advanced understanding of modern DCC tools
• Shipped at least 2 AAA titles from start to finish on multiple platforms (e.g. PS4, Xbox-One.)
• Excellent communication skills, especially with regards to illustrating technical processes.
• Proficiency with Python, HLSL,GLSL
• C++ experience or Computer Science degree
• Extensive portfolio with examples of professional work (e.g. art, scripts, tools, simulations, etc.)
• Blueprint or asset scripting abilities.
• Has trained or mentored others.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.