Job Title:Senior Lighting Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As our newest teammate, you will work side by side with our Lighting Leads. Together, you will help execute some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes in video games. You and our team will be accomplishing this by having routine 1:1s, weekly team meetings, you will have an in-depth training period, and open dialog / high communication with adjacent teams. We move fast, and in-order to join our ranks, please see the below criteria.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating game-play and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from the Art Director and Lighting Lead for campaign and multiplayer.
• Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining a full production load.
• Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
• Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, especially Environment, Character, and VFX.
• Work in and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets.
• Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent art portfolio.
• 6 years in the video game industry.
• Strong understanding of lighting fundamentals.
• Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow.
• Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood with lighting.
• Effectively use Color Grading and Post Effects to enhance the final image.
• Working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and processes.
• An eye for perfection.
• Working knowledge of creating lighting within a pre-baked light-map pipeline.
• Unreal, Unity, Proprietary Engines experience.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Experience with PBR & HDR lighting.
• Knowledge of photography principals and image correction techniques.
• Experience playing Call of Duty or Similar First-Person-Shooters.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.