Senior Environment Artist
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will model and texture industry leading environments. If you have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
Sledgehammer Games has a state-of-the-art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Art Director and a team of artists and level designers to assemble and detail game environments.
• Create visually appealing, realistic 3D models of natural and architectural elements based on concept art and photo reference.
• Work within budgets while hitting key timelines.
• Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues.
• Communicate effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals and deadlines are met.
• Deliver environments that adhere to strict performance targets.
• Evaluate software, tech and tools to help identify opportunities for pipeline improvement.
• Have creative ownership over large sections of an environment.
• Contribute to high quality look development with the goal of setting the bar.
• Able to prioritize and delegate tasks to junior members of the art team.
• Help train and mentor more junior artists.
• 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, and levels for AAA games.
• Ability to execute highly detailed, photo realistic environments, helping to set the bar for other artists at the studio.
• Receive, give, and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
• Strong understanding of lighting, color and scene composition.
• Advanced understanding of physically based material creation, with preference given to those who are adept in material creation.
• Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
• Experience with a level editor. (i.e. Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, Radiant, etc.)
• Self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software.
• You are passionate about games; take pride in everything you do and have a positive attitude.
• 2+ AAA games shipped
• Foundation in traditional art with ability of concepting ideas.
• Additional experience in lighting, VFX, design, etc.
• Exceptional visual and technical understanding of 3D modeling and texturing.
• Proficient in Zbrush
• Understanding of photogrammetry processes and workflows.
• Architecture, photography, photogrammetry or cinematography experience.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkv74-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.