The primary responsibility of the Senior Core Engineer at Sledgehammer is to architect, refactor, and maintain a variety of game and low-level systems. A core generalist will be flexible and comfortable jumping into a variety of disciplines including: networking, physics, AI, UI, memory management, rendering, and more. The Senior Core Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with other engineers spread across the world, and content creators across a variety of disciplines. Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Development Director, Engineering and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
• Architect, refactor and maintain game and low-level engine systems.
• Design, write, debug and refine core systems, features, tools and infrastructure as needed.
• Contribute extensively to the core engine.
• Mentor more junior core engineer to level up the team.
• Minimum of 6+ years programming experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
• Experience with profiling and performance tuning of code.
• Contributed extensively to the development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
• Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
• University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
• A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
• Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code on modern game consoles.
• Contributed extensively to the development of at least three shipped console games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5022-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.