• As a Senior Concept Artist, you'll be creating concepts to solve a wide variety of problems, ranging from designing what things will look like to finding visual solutions that enhance gameplay and support the project's narrative
• Story is very important to us and you'll be challenged at every turn to tell interesting narrative in all your designs
• Your keen eye and art sensibilities will be key in creating artwork that inspires and informs the team
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so being part of the concept team includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Ideating w/ sketches, to creating awesome environmental designs, character designs, prop designs, storyboards, 2d graphic art, etc., in the service of advancing the narrative and enhancing game design
• Researching and creating concepts that would fit into all stages of production that includes loose sketches, blue-sky paintings, pre-visualization, production paintings, renders, paint-overs, mark-up, marketing assets, and so forth
• Working closely with the team to ensure the concepts are providing effective visual solutions that balance art direction and game design needs
• Seeking out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff, as well as learning and playing the game when needed, etc., so that concept designs are well-researched and are well-informed
• 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 2D art, concepts, and designs for games
• Demonstrate strong sketching abilities as well as the ability to render, matte paint, or even design the occasional graphics or logos
• You will use methods/art techniques in the most effective way to solve visual problems to help deliver design solutions that are timely and communicative to the team
• Strong understanding of architecture and environmental design
• Solid art foundation background in traditional art skills and can demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals in composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, anatomy, lighting and color theory
• You are self-driven, dedicated to advancing your craft, and eager to learn new techniques and software
• You are an excellent communicator and are able to work independently, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities, and be proactive in resolving problems
• Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contributing your own ideas
• Shows an interest in delivering the best possible results and puts in effort to achieve them
• Ability to guide and mentor other artists
• Be an expert in Photoshop.
• Utilize 3d applications like Blender, Maya, Zbrush, Sketch-up, etc., to facilitate work when needed.
• Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
• Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2me2-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.