As a Senior Character Artist you will work as a key member of the character art team to create high quality and detailed character designs. These assets are based on game requirements, technical capabilities of the gaming platform and product scope. Individual must have a basic understanding of anatomy and proportions as it translates to 3D modeling, and mesh deformation. Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new team practices based on evolving technologies. Can work in a multidiscipline work atmosphere, alongside other Character Artists and with the Lead Character Artist while under time constraints.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Art Director and Concept Artists to develop look and feel of assets.
• Create awesome characters that are efficient, built to scale and satisfy budgetary requirements.
• Manage a number of assets and prioritize tasks.
• Maintain and share extensive knowledge pertaining to military gear, uniforms and equipment.
• Work with Technical Art Director to understand budgetary requirements and ensure that the characters created fulfills these requirements.
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
• Provide feedback to improve the tools.
• Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
• Understand mesh topology and edge loops as it translates to efficient modeling practices for in-game characters, and is experienced building highly detailed characters.
• Understanding of 3d scan as a foundation for organic or hard surface model workflows.
• Good understanding of UV coordinate space, texturing, and memory budgets.
• Thorough working knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
• Understands the principles and practices of physically based workflows and texturing.
• Promote a positive work environment through high personal and performance standards.
• Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
• 4-6+ Years of directly related experience in gaming.
• Performed similar role on at least 1 published game title.
• High level of proficiency using Maya to create detailed characters to scale and accuracy.
• Proven ability to create detailed Zbrush or Mudbox models.
• Candidate must have experience using Substance Painter, and Photoshop to create hyper realistic textures for next gen materials.
• Experienced in 3D character concepts and development process.
• Experience is working from Scan data.
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have excellent communication skills.
• Candidate must have experience creating efficient and clean models with proper UV layout inside Autodesk Maya
• Radiant experience a plus.
• Properly estimate time to complete work, manages competing priorities and builds in buffers.
• Verify art asset performance and appearance in the game engine.
• An understanding of weighting and animation principles
• Able to rapid prototype and help conceptualize character designs
• Experience with scan data.
• Experience with Marvelous Designer
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8vmm-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.