As a Mechanics Designer, you will build, implement, and tweak player-centric features such as weapon firing, weapon mechanics, and movement and traversal. Your critical eye for quality will bring these features to completion, polishing them to perfection. This role will be responsible for elevating the look and feel of the player controls to ensure a fun on-the-sticks experience.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Conceptualize, pitch, and iterate on mechanics with the design team.
• Work with the lead designer to set standards and expectations within the design team.
• Actively debate design concepts, systems, weapons, and mechanics with the design team.
• Implement player mechanics and concepts using in-house tools within time frames provided.
• Work with artists, engineers, animators, and audio experts to bring mechanics to life.
• Constantly iterate on game mechanics and game systems to find the fun based on user feedback, analytics and design goals.
• Refine gameplay mechanics above and beyond expectations to execution excellence.
• 3+ years of professional experience designing games.
• 3+ years of professional programming/scripting experience (C++, C#, Lua or other languages.)
• Ability to refine and articulate nuanced player mechanics.
• Strong collaboration and communication skills
• Modding experience (examples and portfolio pieces are highly encouraged)
• Prior experience as a designer on a multiplayer FPS game
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8767-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.