Job Title:Lighting Artist - Sledgehammer Games
As our newest teammate, you will work side by side with our Lighting Leads. Together, you will help execute some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes in video games. You and our team will be accomplishing this by having routine 1:1s, weekly team meetings, you will have an in-depth training period, and open dialog / high communication with adjacent teams. We move fast, and in-order to join our ranks, please see the below criteria.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating game-play and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from the Art Director and Lighting Lead for campaign and multiplayer.
• Ensure a high level of quality while maintaining a full production load.
• Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
• Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, especially Environment, Character, and VFX.
• Work in and maintain an efficient organization structure for all lighting assets.
• Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent art portfolio.
• New to the industry or 1-2 years in the video game industry.
• Solid understanding of lighting fundamentals.
• Knowledge of color theory and strong sense of light and shadow.
• Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood with lighting.
• Effectively use Color Grading and Post Effects to enhance the final image.
• Working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and processes.
• An eye for perfection.
• Working knowledge of creating lighting within a pre-baked light-map pipeline.
• Unreal, Unity, or other Proprietary Engines.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Experience with PBR & HDR lighting.
• Knowledge of photography principals and image correction techniques.
• Experience playing Call of Duty or Similar First-Person-Shooters.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.