Sledgehammer Games is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games is seeking an Expert Gameplay Engineer with a Physics emphasis. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology.
• Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug physics pipeline and engine systems
• Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Xbox One/PS4/Windows platforms
• Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design and art teams
• Participate in the design, performance and code review process
• Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Math-related field
• 6+ years of experience working with physics simulation and/or other game-related technologies
• Passion for physics simulation
• Strong math skills
• Knowledge of CPU and memory architectures
• Familiarity using modern CPU performance analysis tools
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
• Strong background in C/C++
• Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
• Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
• Passion for code and data optimization
• Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
• Experience with game physics APIs (Havok, PhysX, etc.)
• Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded code
• Experience with rigid-body dynamics, collision detection, contact/collision resolution
• Experience with rag-doll technologies
• Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of disability.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj29ne-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.