Sr. Associate Gameplay Engineer
As an Expert Gameplay Engineer, you will work closely with content teams to push our gameplay systems to new heights of fun and visual fidelity, creating new systems and leverage existing ones to realize AAA-quality FPS gameplay. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate engineering team and help shape cutting-edge industry technology. Responsibilities include:
• Design, write, debug and refine gameplay systems, features, tools and infrastructure.
• Work with designers and other engineers to prototype, develop, and refine features.
• Create complex software systems that usher in the next generation of award-winning game development
• Architect, design, implement, debug, optimize and test these systems in C++ and other languages
• Inspire and grow other engineers by establishing mutual trust and respect, intense comradery, frank honesty, and joy in each other's success
• Discover or invent leading edge game industry technologies, practices, tools and systems. Continually raise the bar.
• At least 8+ years of experience in the game industry or other relevant experience
• Strong object-oriented design and knowledge of C/C++
• Experience with mutliplatform development (Xbox, PlayStation, PC)
• Extensive experience with gameplay of two or more shipped games, PC or console
• Mastery of two or more game development technologies such as performance and optimization, graphics, 3D math, physics, collision detection, or AI
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with other engineers to obtain optimal results
• Knowledgeable in network protocols, client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
• AAA play-control logic, especially on an FPS title.
• Modern animation techniques and blend trees.
• Networked game logic.
• Real-world AI methods.
• Rigid body kinematics.
• Extending an established code base.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8701k-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.