Foster City, CA
We make games for global audiences across the boundaries of culture, ethnicity, gender, and sexuality. We firmly believe that our development teams are stronger if they reflect that. Games are full of subtleties that can create affection and loyalty in a wide variety of people, and we are not here to appeal to only a narrow section of society.
Many teams talk about diversity and just drop it in as a buzzword or write flashy blog posts that sit and gather dust. But we truly believe in diversity and the positive impact it has on our team and studio. We're ready to do the hard work to be properly inclusive.
We are hiring a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Project Manager to focus specifically on DE&I efforts across our studio. This person will partner with leaders and departments across the studio to develop, manage, and support our DE&I programs, events, and community partnerships.
Manages Strategic Partnerships:
• Manages and promotes studio relationships with organizations serving underrepresented people and groups.
• Facilitate new, creative opportunities for networking and engagement between the studio and partner organizations. Working with them to create mutually beneficial partnership opportunities, and then bring those ideas and events to life.
• Helping to assess new partner organizations & maintain mutually beneficial relationships that will support our efforts to create a more diverse studio, and a more diverse game industry.
Facilitates Engagement Efforts:
From livestreams, to meetups, to youth groups, game-industry conferences, to Black History month recognition and everything in between… we are looking for someone to help facilitate an inspiring and dynamic calendar of events in service of diversity, equity and inclusion. In support of this effort you will:
• Geek out on industry events- Always looking for new events and organizations and providing recommendations to studio leadership.
• Collaborating with studio leaders, our ERG's, and Recruiting team on DE&I related events and programs across the year.
• Project manage and produce annual and monthly events with our Kaleidoscope ERG, Culture committee and TA org and Brand Marketing team.
• Create project plans, run committee meetings, organize priorities, and timelines for every event.
• Create process efficiencies for repeatable events.
• Partners with studio finance on budgets and other planning.
• Passion and energy for inclusion and diversity and experience working with community organizations with members from underrepresented groups.
• Project management and event management experience, ideally in the HR, Recruiting or Inclusion & Diversity space.
• Skilled user of project management tools such as Excel.
• Self-starter and proactive about their work and determining new ideas for our team to explore.
• Project management skills with ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines.
• 3+ years of experience in event management and execution
• Ability to clearly articulate needs and goals succinctly in written and verbal communication.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.