Job Title:Character Artist (Temporary) – Sledgehammer Games
As a Character Artist you will work as a key member of the character art team to create high quality and detailed character designs. These assets are based on game requirements, technical capabilities of the gaming platform and product scope. Individual should have a basic understanding of anatomy and proportions as it translates to 3D modeling, and mesh deformation. Takes initiative to learn and adapt to new team practices based on evolving technologies. Can work in a multidiscipline work atmosphere, alongside other Character Artists and with the Lead Character Artist while under time constraints.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Create awesome characters that are efficient, built to scale and satisfy budgetary requirements set for you.
• Receive feedback and modify work based on direction from lead or art director.
• Follow schedules and meet deadlines.
• Provide feedback to help improve the tools
• Understand mesh topology and edge loops as it translates to efficient modeling practices for in-game characters, and is experienced building highly detailed characters.
• Good understanding of UV coordinate space, texturing, and memory budgets.
• Thorough working knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, and Substance Painter.
• Understands the basic principles and practices of physically based workflows for texturing.
• Promote a positive work environment through high personal and performance standards.
• Basic understanding of 3d scan as a foundation for organic or hard surface model workflows a plus.
• Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
• 2-4+ Years of directly related experience in gaming.
• Performed similar role on at least 1 published game title.
• Mid level of proficiency using Maya to create detailed characters to scale and accuracy.
• Proven ability to create detailed Zbrush or Mudbox models.
• Candidate should have experience using Substance Painter, and Photoshop to create textures for next gen materials.
• Candidate must be proactive and work well in a large team environment and have good communication skills.
• Candidate must have experience creating efficient and clean models with proper UV layout inside Autodesk Maya
• Adhere to art asset performance and appearance in the game engine standards.
• An understanding of weighting and animation principles
• Experience in the first -person shooter genre.
• Experience with scan data.
• Experience with Marvelous Designer
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.