Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Mid-Level Animator, you will become part of a tight-knit team that prides itself on creating in-game and cinematic animations that are complex and believable. Working with the department lead, you will receive shot assignments or animation tasks that contribute to furthering understanding of character and/or action and advance the emotional and gameplay goals of the project. Completing your work will require you to build relationships with many production disciplines, such as Design, Engineering, and Environment, as you all collaborate to achieve the best visual and narrative results for each game.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Use traditional animation fundamentals to craft game motions that range from stylized to hyper-realistic.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of camera animation and cinematic framing, as well as shot continuity and facial animation.
• Respond well to feedback and be willing to iterate multiple times to achieve the polish level we need to deliver AAA titles.
• Troubleshoot tool implementations and suggest workflow improvements in order to increase the efficiency and creativity of the team.
• 3+ years professional animation experience
• 1+ shipped game title credit
• Knowledge of cinematic and motion capture editing and cleanup
• Strong animation fundamentals with a focus on human movement (timing, weight, balance)
• Ability to adapt to new tools and tech
• Fluent in Maya
• Strong problem-solving skills both technical and cross-department
• Ability to mentor Junior Animators
• Ability to think philosophically about character movement
• An understanding of character creation (modeling, texturing, and rigging) is a bonus.
• An interest in participating in live previs shoots to help clarify tone, choreography, and pacing for mocap actors.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mnq6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.