Senior Sound Designer
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Technical Sound Designer (Contract)
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We're looking for an Associate Technical Sound Designer to implement game audio, and assist with tools and workflow for the audio scripting team. This individual will work closely with other Sound Designers as well as our Level Design, Systems Design, and Combat Design teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems.
As an Associate Technical Sound Designer, you will implement audio using tools and technology to produce robust, efficient scripts and producing documentation as needed. You will collaborate with design, art, and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems, taking feedback from the Audio Director and other Sound Designers.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with a strong technical background and a passion for solving problems. If you have a passion for technology and game audio, we'd love to hear from you!
• Implement game audio, taking direction from the Audio Director.
• Utilize visual and text-based scripting, Wwise, an other in-house tools, to build and maintain content that ranges from straightforward text entry to highly complex scripted scenarios.
• Collaborate effectively with other disciplines (Level Design, Narrative, Animation, etc.) to achieve desired outcomes.
• Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final.
• Experience with game editors, scripting languages, and Wwise.
• Ability to think logically with a high level of attention to detail.
• Team oriented mentality, no task is too small or too complicated if it makes the game better.
• 1+ year's professional experience building content and/or completion of a Computer Science or Game Development degree.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.