Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will be responsible for building metagame client features and scalable backend services for Store systems throughout VALORANT. You'll influence the technical direction for how VALORANT services are built, scale and are operated in production, and collaborate with design to build smooth and intuitive player-facing in-game experiences. All the store and monetization systems you design and build will be ''Player Focused'', which means that they will be built in a way where players choose to engage with them rather than feeling pressured to engage with them.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Store team.
• Design, build and deliver in-game client features in the full stack of Store features in VALORANT: from scalable backend services to performant game client and server tech.
• Collaborate closely with producers, game designers and UX experts
• Support live services for the game (this role involves an on-call commitment)
• 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
• BS degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with C++, C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
• Professional or hobby experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
• Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine or similar game engine
• Professional experience or hobby experience with the Go or C++ programming languages specifically
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this could be your role!
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
• (Bellevue only) Base salary range between $150,200.00 - $211,100.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy153k-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.