Riot's Communications team members endeavor to shape our environment by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that showcase Riot products, executives, and more. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As Senior Public Relations Manager - Entertainment, reporting to the Sr. Director, Communications, with a dotted line to the Manager, Internal Communications, you will partner with entertainment verticals within the division; Music, Consumer Products, Forge, Film/TV, Operations/Insights, and IP Strategy, on everything from product-related pitching to overall PR planning.
• Lead day to day publicity for product launches across consumer products, music, and more
• Support film and television PR efforts; staff events, draft written materials, serve as liaison between talent representative and PR team, etc
• Support internal communications efforts; edit written materials, coordinate events, maintain distribution lists, etc.
• Write and edit written materials including bios, press releases, pitches, and media alerts
• Research and secure editorial and speaking opportunities for executives and products
• Coordinate interviews, meetings, and events
• Manage and mentor interns
• General administrative practices; maintain media lists, status reports, coverage reports, and agendas
• Creatively pitch angles with compelling content that drive back to our mission
• 5+ years of experience in public relations
• Experience pitching with little oversight required
• Organized with experience tracking coverage, speaking engagements, etc
• Quick to learn and manage tools such as Air Table, Send Grid, Google Slides
• Entertainment and agency experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9en8m-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.