Our Payroll team is one of the core facets of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Rioters are compensated predictably, timely and accurately. We aim to design and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. Our discipline contains experts from fields like tax and treasury, travel and purchasing, FP&A, and more. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions, or upgrading our knowledge.
As Senior Manager, Payroll, reporting to the Head of Global Accounting, you'll lead the US payroll team and advise international payroll teams, providing oversight for processing payroll, working with multiple teams to manage new employee programs, and providing insights and expertise with regards to employee payroll compliance issues. As an expert, you'll also lead new Payroll projects, including working with Talent on process improvements and system implementations while always evaluating these projects with an eye towards understanding and mitigating risks. You'll thoughtfully manage the entire payroll process ensuring every step is done right. Your knowledge of the payroll realm will come in handy as you research and interpret international, federal, and state regulatory requirements to resolve payroll processing issues for Rioters. You'll keep records that answer important questions at your fingertips.
• Provide oversight of US/multi-state payroll functions and lead or advise on international payroll functions
• Lead the implementation of new payroll platforms or upgrades while understanding the impact to teams and reporting
• Provide inspiring leadership by coaching, mentoring, recruiting, and focusing on the development of the payroll team
• Work with business leaders to enhance payroll operational standards
• Manage vendor relationships, payroll delivery, payroll controls, and payroll tax issues
• Partner with multiple teams, including Talent Operations, Benefits, Global Mobility, Finance, Legal, and other internal customers
• Develop clear goals and pay processes to ensure compliance and standardization across legal entities globally
• Work with Talent Operations and service providers to ensure the data integrity of information and reports
• Work with the Global Mobility team, Talent, and service providers to manage employee globalization projects to ensure treatment of reportable benefits for tax equalized employees
• Participate in month, quarter, and year-end close activities, including preparation of payroll related journal entries, account reconciliations, and auditor required PBC items
• Ensure accurate calculations of vacation and other payroll related accruals
• Ensure payroll related regulatory filings are completed; support and coordinate audits such as workers compensation, 401(K), and annual audits
• 10+ years of progressive experience as an owner of full-cycle, global payroll
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
• Large company and multinational experience
• Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations in the US (multi-state) and working knowledge of international payroll tax rules and regulations to partner with internal and 3rd parties internationally
• Experience with global mobility practices
• Experience understanding employee payroll issues and communicating solutions
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or American Payroll Association (APA) membership
• ADP or other system knowledge (i.e. Ultipro, Peoplesoft, Paychex)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88m26-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.