Senior Manager, Executive Search
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot's second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to ''scale Riot's games to hyper-serve players.''
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends , Teamfight Tactics , and Legends of Runeterra . We're also building teams for V ALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We're focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labour relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As Senior Manager, HRBP, reporting to our Studio HR Director, you will support the Hong Kong & Singapore (HKSG) Studio through a time of high growth. You will work directly with senior leadership to develop strategic talent plans aligned with Riot's top company and studio priorities. You will thoughtfully integrate essential elements across the Rioter (employee) lifecycle (recruitment, performance, development, compensation) and develop culturally appropriate Rioter engagement and retention strategies.
• You will serve as a strategic business partner to the HKSG studio's leadership team to develop, lead, and own the studio's long-term holistic organization & talent management strategy and goals.
• You will build, lead and coach a team of HRBPs, ensuring that they have a high level of business insight and deliver high-quality results.
• You will be the strategic partner to our HQ People Team in LA to drive alignment on the People requirements for our studio and to execute on both global and regional People Programs. Assess and understand changing business needs, market trends, and influence the studio's People strategy accordingly. You will build and leverage industry relationships & networks to learn best practices, share Riot's thought leadership, and build relationships to support new initiatives
• Partner with HKSG's leadership team to provide strategic guidance for organizational planning and talent development initiatives that support the studio's key business strategies.
• Partner with our HKSG HR leadership team on change management to guide Rioters through the process of implementing new People programs.
• Develop and drive talent management programs, including performance management, talent review and calibration, Rioter retention, and total rewards (compensation & benefits) programs.
• ChampionRiot's values and a high-performing culture by executing best practices to promote Rioter engagement, including employee events, special people initiatives, and recognition programs.
• Champion diversity & inclusion (D&I) through Asia-specific programs (e.g., Women@Riot) and promote corporate social responsibility.
• Use people analytics to inform people strategies, including the Global Riot Survey (GRS) to identify engagement drivers and work with leaders to manage their action plans.
• Responsible for organization compliance with country legislation pertaining to all People matters. Provide counsel in conjunction with Legal, as needed, to employees and management on employment issues.
• Required Qualifications:
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Organization, Business, or related field required.
• 10+ years experience in Human Resource Management; with 4+ years in HR leadership position, managing a geographically distributed team.
• Experience as manager of the human resources function, with broad expertise in all areas (e.g. talent acquisition, compensation) and proven experience building high performing HRBP teams.
• Experience advising and directly supporting senior executives across multiple functions with a consultative style.
• Experience developing compelling, data-driven business cases and building culturally appropriate programs and plans designed to empower people, and influence senior leaders to act.
• Comfortable working through ambiguous situations; manage change in a positive attitude, show resilience, and a high level of emotional maturity.
• Experience in tech, gaming, entertainment, and/or creative industry, working directly with creative and production teams.
• Master's degree highly desirable.
• Managed HR teams for Asia regional offices. HR experience in Singapore with knowledge of local SG labour/employment laws.
• Mandarin speaker a plus.
• Full relocation support
• Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
• Open paid time off
• Retirement benefits with company matching
• Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
• Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n7k7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.