As a Researcher, you'll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions. You'll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your applied or experimental research background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you're an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Researcher on the League of Legends PC team, you'll work with a group of individuals who focus on enhancing core game systems and content to delight players for years to come. You will run surveys, perform playtests, analyze results, and present your findings to senior leaders to help shape gameplay strategy and guide a deeper understanding of how players engage with our core game systems. You will report to the Research Lead on LoL.
• Partner with LoL teams to produce frameworks and insights that improve player experiences on LoL PC
• Design and execute user studies and surveys to help inform product strategy and execution
• Mentor other researchers, helping them learn from your experiences
• Four or more years of professional/academic experience in market research, behavioral or cognitive research
• Experience designing, scoping and executing survey research
• Experience translating business questions into research increments
• Experience with League of Legends
• Experience running playtests and usability tests in different paradigms, e.g. moderated/unmoderated testing, feature-specific testing, holistic and longitudinal testing
• Experience with advanced survey methodologies (e.g., MaxDiff, Conjoint)
• Familiar with SQL or other relational database approaches
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9oqb-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.