Riot's Procurement team partners with deal owners to secure all goods and services needed. We apply policies that help mitigate risk while allowing for maximum value in our deals. From getting large projects approved and negotiating contracts, to tracking orders and payments, we help deal owners navigate the journey.
Riot Games, Inc. seeks a motivated, team oriented Purchasing Coordinator to assist our business groups with all things procurement. As a Purchasing Coordinator for Riot, you will have visibility and involvement in nearly every phase of the purchasing process. You will be equally accountable to the Procurement team with respect to meeting standards and controls, and to the business teams with respect to providing significant assistance with purchasing tasks, providing visibility, and resolving purchasing related issues. The ideal candidate for the Purchasing Coordinator position is a service oriented, problem solving, and detail oriented person who understands process and the importance of solid communication.
• Maintain a very detailed understanding of the purchasing process and how to navigate each step from budget approval to payment.
• Proactively provide visibility and reporting to business stakeholders in coordination with Buyers.
• Collaborate with Buyers and Sourcing to present one-face of the purchasing process, but also represent the business to central purchasing.
• Shepherd procurement deals through the purchasing process with the objective of meeting or exceeding SLAs and maintaining standards / controls.
• Work with deal owners within the business to gather deal requirements or wants.
• Convert deal owner requirements into accurate inputs into the Purchasing system for each step that a deal owner is involved.
• Provide deal owners with updates on any and all deals they are responsible for on a regular basis, including process steps that are outside of the deal owner's responsibilities.
• Research and resolve any issues related to missing information, supplier follow-up, and/or confirmation of steps taken.
• Facilitate engagement between stakeholders, Sourcing, Buyers, Legal, Accounts Payable, and other Finance teams.
• Provide feedback to the central purchasing team regarding processes, key risks, opportunities, or concerns.
• Ability to take initiative and be responsible for a high level of accuracy in all job related activities
• Strong organization and follow through skills
• Ability to understand, interpret, and articulate procurement policies to deal owners without excessive jargon
• Ability to provide reporting and other visibility to deal owners
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 1+ years previous buying experience strongly preferred, or ability to demonstrate comparable knowledge and skills in an administrative function
• Associates degree in business administration preferred
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Google Suite) - Experience with Coupa is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqb296-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.