As the Manager, People Operations & Programs EMEA, there are 2 core aspects to the role; you will lead a team of People Operations specialists that act as the frontline for all People-related queries as well as a Program specialists that creates and executes on our People Programs strategy for EMEA. Your goal: Enable the People Team to scale by leading on defining, developing, implementing the right Org Change plus L&D programs, as well as ensuring consistency of process & policy from
onboarding to offboarding, including managing process mapping and process improvement by making it easier to find answers and make necessary personnel data changes in People systems, so Rioters are fully enabled to thrive while spending more time focusing on making amazing games for players. You'll find this to be a challenging, complex, and rewarding space where you'll get to develop and define Riot's approach to operating a growing and global workforce.
• Inbound Inquiry Mgmt: Manages a team responsible for delivering a high-touch, customer-oriented approach to fielding, and resolving or routing EMEA-specific inbound, People-related inquiries coming from current and prospective Rioters, and utilizing case-management approach to track and ensure inquiry resolution.
• Process/Policy Compliance & Localization: Simplifies EMEA-specific People processes, with the ultimate goal of lessening the amount of work or complexity Rioters are required to navigate Plus Translating applicable EMEA legal and regulatory requirements into system or process policy requirements.
• Process & Policy Documentation: Documents all People processes & policies occurring within EMEA territories and offices, and maintains process/policy overview records for both internal (within People / Enterprise) and external (for Rioter) consumption. Ensure Riot maintains legally required HR/People documentation.
• Process Instrumentation: Partners w/ People Analytics team to develop, maintain and improve inbound inquiry resolution KPIs
• People Channel Mgmt: partners closely with Global People Ops leader to design and execute EMEA-specific Riot-facing channel strategy for People team (ie: how we manage the official People team intranet page(s), Slack, etc.)
• Onboarding POC: Manages a team responsible for acting as a single point of contact for all hired and contingent employees for EMEA-based roles, managing onboarding processes and communication.
• Talent Transaction Mgmt: Directly manages all talent system transactions for EMEA based roles and employees, including all piecemeal and mass HRIS & contingent staffing work systems transactions (ex: requisition opening & changes, compensation changes, promos, transfers, etc.)
• HR Data Exports and Veracity: Supports all ad-hoc and regular HRIS data export requests & maintains a high-veracity HR data environment, through use of both access controls and proactive and regularly conducted audits
• Vendor Management: Hold partners accountable for full and on time delivery negotiating timelines against bandwidth and optimizing for efficient delivery as needed and ensure our vendor landscape matches the needs we have locally.
• Programs: Lead on creating our EMEA strategy & roadmap for people-centric change & development programs that enable our teams to thrive;through org & culture change, inclusion, and knowledge management programs.
• Communications & Client Partnering: Facilitate communication of program and business updates with pillar leads & keep key stakeholders informed of progress on people related programs and collaborate around any areas where processes need to evolve or change.
• Develop measurements of success: To ensure our programs, create sustainable and scalable program solutions, and report and measure results.
• People Team Collaboration: Maintain close relationships with EMEA HRBPs Centers of Excellence and Global /Local Programs Leads
• 5+ years direct experience managing employees in HR-related functions
• 8+ years experience in HR or HR-related role
• Demonstrated experience delivering and managing a case-managed HR transaction environment
• Demonstrated ability / experience in delivering automated case-management solutions
• Experience working with cloud-based, scaled HRIS technologies (ex: Workday, Oracle, SAP etc)
• Experience managing HR transaction environment with global complexity
• Experience designing and implementing effective Org change, learning and development programs
• Plan and prioritize own workload to meet objectives, balancing competing demands
• Quick to influence and build strong stakeholder relationships across the business
• Self-motivated individual with a strong sense of accountability that will thrive in a dynamic global team environment.
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx1yw-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.