Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the gaming experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, so that all Rioters can flourish.
As an HRBP II, reporting to our Japan Country Manager, you will support the Japan Office through a time of growth. You will be responsible to resource on all things related to our talent and facilities, working locally and with HQ to fulfill Japan's needs. You act as the go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to growth & development to crafting and creating organizational design improvements. You work on developing and evolving talent programs that'll help Rioters thrive, and you drive aligned, data-informed talent decisions by acting as a strategist, coach, culture evangelist, talent steward, and designer/deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results.
• An HR generalist/business partner or a specialist role with 5+ years of HR experience.
• Fluent in Japanese and English.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Psychology or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
• Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, consulting, collaboration and drive orientation.
• Experience working with or supporting diverse communities and navigating cultural nuances. Preferably have experience supporting creative teams in entertainment, publishing, gaming, or tech companies.
• As an HR Business Partner, you will serve as a tactical partner to the Japan team, work alongside the leadership on various People related programs such as Organizational Design, Performance Management, Talent Planning, etc.
• Talent Acquisition: Develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in great talents acquisition for Riot. Will conduct interviews and lead the process end-to-end, being responsible for the onboard of new talents. You will also develop effective relationships within the organization and with the hiring community, increasing your influence and impact in the recruiting process.
• Culture: will be responsible to coordinate our Engagement Survey (GRS) efforts, supporting the analysis of results, discussing them with the leadership and proposing action plans. You will build a trustable and transparent communication channel with Rioters speaking out, as part of our culture of raising the flag for pains and opportunities. On top of that, you will execute our annual calendar of cultural events, planning and organizing our celebrations milestones.
• Training and Development: Research and assist in the development and implementation of training programs which will unlock Rioters' potential to transform players' experience.
• Performance: Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation tools.
• Work closely with Riot Central COE to provide leaders input into L&D, comp, benefits and other people related programs based on needs identified
• People Ops: manage our HR outsourcing responsible for payroll, admission, dismissal, time tracker, between others. Manage and communicate the local benefits and perks programs. Always be tuned to new practices, propose and implement ideas aligned with our culture and strategies..
• Facilities: Manage our vendors that will support you in everything related to office management. Ensure that our office structure is running well, from maintenance to catering. Give all the support that managers and Rioters need to execute an event, training or celebration.
Don't forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33oeq-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.