Marketing Manager - Events, China
Head of Art Direction – Marketing (Contractor)
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
Head of Art Direction - Marketing at Riot oversees the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers an entire franchise campaign. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports and the campaigns they deliver.
As the Head of Art Direction - Marketing on the Riot China Game Publishing team, your role is to provide art direction and brand identity development alongside a multi-disciplinary creative team. You will work with Riot IP and Creative discipline Lead, and support your team through advocating for artistic quality and collaboration on the Marketing teams' largest Franchise brand moments. You will bring a universe to life through key art illustrations to be used across a variety of platforms, artwork in a variety of art styles as they apply to different games and thematic such as League of Legends, League of Legends: Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, Valorant, and Legends of Runeterra
• Grow the team and develop talents including onboarding / offboarding plans
• Guide the development of efficient art pipelines and tooling
• Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation
• Provide feedback to external developers
• Partner with Publishing Lead to shape and drive overall art strategy for League of Legends marketing
• Determine skills and timing needed to achieve a successful campaign
• Accountable for producing assets that deliver on the creative strategy
• Review final work of all artists and give feedback to maintain quality and consistency throughout the campaign
• Ensure thematic cohesion / fidelity across the campaign
• Establish art style, tone and tactics for multiple features of a campaign
• 8+ years of experience, including 5+ as a Visual Designer in branding or marketing related industry and 2+ years of professional experience providing art direction and mentorship across a multi-disciplinary team
• Solid knowledge of branding, design and the campaign creative development process
• Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
• For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
• Knowledge of League of Legends IP
• Game publishing experience
• Knowledge of console or mobile marketing standards
• Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
• User experience as it relates to web, mobile, console, and software development
• Creative direction and campaign strategic development
• Project management experience
• Creative Tools such as figma, adobe creative suite, or video production tools
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.