As Game Designers at Riot, we craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a profoundly resonant player experience. We explore how to push the boundaries of that experience best to build new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Design Manager of League's Modes team, you will be instrumental in helping to lead a cross-discipline team responsible for delivering and shipping engaging game modes into the League ecosystem. Understanding League or other MOBAs will be crucial to understanding what appeals to our players. You will design, tweak and optimise the player experience. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams globally and work with every tool to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that will delight millions of players worldwide. You will report to the Design Director.
• Ensure that League of Legends Modes is a highly performing-team
• Anticipate player needs regarding game modes
• Work with team leads to develop a vision for new and updated game modes in League of Legends
• Ensure execution in modes gameplay and delivery schedule from early concept to final polish
• Manage and coach designers on the Modes team
• Influence senior leadership regarding product direction and strategy
• Build positive relationships across teams at Riot in shared gameplay spaces
• 4+ years of experience in a Game Design role; experience as a game design owner of multiple large projects in parallel with successful delivery
• 1+ years of people management experience; experience with the mentorship of other designers leading to a promotion or substantial positive improvement in their work
• Experience generating effective and novel solutions for challenging problems in gameplay design
• Top of industry capabilities in gameplay design
• Experience communicating and expressing complex and nuanced designs in simple ways
• Leadership experience resolving conflict and, when needed, offering difficult feedback with respect
• Builds strong relationships with leadership from a range of disciplines to multiply their quality and output
• Strong understanding of League of Legends design principles and can apply them effectively
• Can quickly produce a wide breadth of gameplay solutions and generate and identify an excellent solution
• Can assess a game mode design thoroughly, identify all significant problems, and prioritise them
For this role, you'll succeed through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritises the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Working closely with Riot teams globally, Riot Sydney is a powerhouse of talent, and experts in global development. Our team works on VALORANT, League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, alongside exciting R&D and Tech projects.
If you believe that the Player Experience comes first, we want to hear from you. Our players are a diverse group from different backgrounds, and we want to see that reflected in the people who make our games, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment
At Riot, we strongly believe in work/life balance, and we encourage that with our open paid time off policy, paid parental leave (for both primary and secondary carers) and flexible work schedules to fit your lifestyle.
We also believe that work should be fun. We have a LAN gaming room, the latest consoles, a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community, and all the snacks you would ever need to power through your day (even healthy snacks!).
And that's not all we offer, there's also:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Stipend
• Wellbeing Reimbursement
• We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Learning and Development opportunities
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2evky-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.