Senior Recruiter - Accounting & Finance
Los Angeles, CA
Riot's People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all areas of HR such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As Director of Total Rewards, reporting to the VP, People you will plan, benchmark and implement new and revised compensation and benefits strategies, programs and procedures. You will ensure Riot's total rewards programs are designed and administered with Riot's values and business goals and in compliance with policies and government regulations.
• Design, refine and administer compelling, performance-driven, global broad-based and executive pay programs that are integrated with Riot's strategy, talent practices, and rewards landscape - including base salary, incentive plans, spot awards, equity compensation, and any new or variant plans built in the future and including ad hoc requests that arise from M&A
• Design and guide practices for job evaluations, market matching, pay decisions and governance with a mind for creative solutions and integration of market trends and fit for purpose practices
• Design and administer compelling, performance-driven broad-based benefits programs that are integrated with Riot's strategy, talent practices, and rewards landscape - including development of a benefits philosophy, agreement of programs with that philosophy, and oversight of the vendor portfolio
• Oversee governance areas including plan documentation, overall compliance with Department of Labor, IRS and federal, state and local regulations that apply, including fiduciary practices, appeals and the like
• Lead a team of compensation and benefits professionals and serve as a mentor, and collaborator and within the People function; establish collaboration model and workflows with People team collaborators and ensure the team is sourced
• Partner with the people, finance, and legal functions, and external consultants to ensure Riot's compensation and benefits practices meet compliance requirements and the commitments of the People function, including accounting accrual, budgeting, financial reporting workflows
• Support roll-out, communication and change management of changes to or enhancements of Riot's job architecture, compensation and benefit programs, including preparing for and driving discussions with leadership and other partners and evaluation of programs
• Partner with leaders at Riot to understand Riot's business and ensure the total rewards philosophies and processes are optimized for Riot's ecosystem; work with decision makers to review Riot's total rewards programs, plans and philosophies and promote
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in HR; 5+ years of experience in leading compensation and benefits teams
• Advanced Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and PowerPoint (or Google Sheets and Slides) skills
• Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to benefit programs, compensation programs, company policies, and operations
• Experience designing compensation and benefits programs, guidelines and processes and guiding strategy in these areas
• Workday-specific experience
• Experience with self insured benefits plans
• Experience with long term incentive and executive compensation plans
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx363q-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.