Director, Creator Program
Los Angeles, CA
Director, Licensing (Licensing & Category Management Lead) - Entertainment, CP
As Licensing & Category Lead you will drive development and strategy for the global licensing business. You will oversee hardlines and softlines categories and be responsible for all aspects of partner management, new business development, licensed product development, and go-to market strategies while working closely with Riot cross-functional teams on alignment and execution. This is a global role and will work in conjunction with the Direct-to-Player business lead and regional teams to ensure strategic alignment and coordination on product and go-to-market strategies.
• Direct and manage the development and implementation of short and long-term strategies for licensed hardlines and softlines categories
• Support the team to cultivate and lead profitable and brand elevating long-term partnerships with licensees and collaborators
• Manage the complex Riot ecosystem of esports sponsorship, game co-marketing, and consumer products licensing that support and maximize communication and reach of consumer products and partnership initiatives
• Identify and negotiate deals with category leaders, understanding product and design capabilities, manufacturing and distribution strengths, and pricing models to support key company initiatives
• Drive the annual development of the global licensing strategy in partnership with the broader team & Head of Consumer Products
• Support management of licensing agencies
• Foster a team-oriented culture with regional licensing teams and collaborate to ensure global and local initiatives complement and drive growth to the overall licensing business
• Conduct quarterly business and finance reviews with licensees to ensure that all business opportunities are being discussed and explored
• Partner with the finance / operations teams to ensure royalty reporting and financial payments are received in a timely manner
• Identify and analyze material differences in licensee forecasts versus actual royalty reports and devise solutions to improve performance
• Keep current with industry trends and developments through networking, attending trade shows and other industry functions;
• Support licensees on retail development and drive cross-category initiatives. Foster relationships with buyers / merchandise managers and understand buying calendars and timelines associated with decision making
• Collaborate with existing partners to ensure they have the tools and resources needed to secure and maintain placement at retail
• Advocate and act as a mentor for key talent to drive career planning; build succession planning
This role requires an experienced leader who can roll up his/her sleeves, operating in a highly entrepreneurial environment to drive this business. More specifically, the successful candidate must possess the following skills and experiences:
• 10+ years of experience in licensing, retail and consumer marketing
• A participative, team-oriented executive who exemplifies the highest personal and professional standards and demonstrated leadership skills
• Creative problem solver and strategic thinker
• Reputation for successfully cultivating both internal and external relationships with clear knowledge of key licensees by category, manufacturers and retailers, and full supply chain understanding
• Experience working with International markets
• Experience working extensively with the retail trade to develop comprehensive and innovative cross-merchandising programs
• Experience in establishing and managing strategic partnerships with superior negotiation skills and a track record of building mutually beneficial partnerships
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7k1kq-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, we released our debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.