Riot's People team is dedicated to supporting Rioters in making informed decisions about talent. We apply our expertise to various areas of HR, including hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations, and off-boarding, to foster the growth and success of all Rioters. We are seeking passionate professionals who can contribute their knowledge and help us continuously improve. We value individuals who bring diverse perspectives and are unafraid to explore new ideas. This is where you come in.
In Compensation in Riot Games, we go beyond compliance and ivory tower decision-making. Our focus is on understanding needs, actively listening to challenges, and collaborating with Rioters to achieve balanced and equitable outcomes that address both micro and macro-level concerns. We see ourselves as trusted advisors, equipped with extensive expertise in rewards and a comprehensive understanding of the employment ecosystem. Working in the People team at Riot allows you to redefine positive human resources practices by combining the best practices with your own creativity and passion.
As the Head of Global Compensation, reporting to the Head of Total Rewards, you will bring your broad skillset and knowledge to our people, product, discipline, regional, and senior leaders, providing leadership within the People function. You will design new and revised compensation programs and procedures with an emphasis on equity. Through audits, legal reports, personal interactions, and oversight, you will ensure that Riot's compensation program complies with policies, government regulations, and aligns with Riot's values and goals. You will directly manage a team consisting of a Senior Manager and compensation analysts.
• Collaborate with business leaders and the People team to design performance-driven broad-based and executive pay programs that align with Riot's strategy, talent practices, and rewards landscape. This includes base salary, incentive plans, equity, spot awards, and potential future plans.
• Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation programs and policies, providing analytics and recommending process and design enhancements that are cost-effective, align with Riot's values, and achieve desired results.
• Lead the roll-out, communication, and change management of any new compensation program or process changes.
• Oversee Riot's job architecture strategy, including contributing to the structure and leveling of new roles, and updating market data as needed.
• Engage with senior executives at a strategic level, providing recommendations on compensation proposals, programs, and policies. Offer guidance to other members of the People team and serve as a strategic advisor on pay decisions and industry trends.
• Identify and establish relationships with key program partners and influence decision-makers.
• Collaborate with the HRIS team to guide the design strategy of our internal operations system, ensuring it supports compensation processes effectively.
• Develop and guide practices for job evaluations, market matching, pay decisions, and governance, incorporating market trends, fit-for-purpose practices, and Riot's goals and compensation philosophy.
• Oversee participation in and purchase of salary surveys to achieve compensation goals and prepare comprehensive analyses from these sources.
• Ensure the administrative aspects of compensation are efficient and scalable as the company grows.
• Collaborate with the people, finance, and legal functions, as well as external compensation consultants, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and uphold the commitments of the People function.
• Lead a team of compensation analysts, serving as a mentor and essential collaborator within the People function.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or a related field.
• 12+ years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
• Knowledge of various compensation plans, including global programs encompassing base pay, short-term incentives, long-term incentives, and equity.
• Experience addressing complex requirements and resolving issues with employees at all levels.
• Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to identify problems and develop solutions.
• Experience overseeing the configuration, design, and implementation of compensation planning software.
• Familiarity with government regulations pertaining to base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
• Proven track record in designing compensation programs, guidelines, and processes.
• Experience in compensation consulting.
• Specific experience with Workday.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
• (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $188,800.00 - $282,200.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn7xe1-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.