Lead Designer - Helsinki, Finland
As the Lead Designer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the design team and design of our upcoming game. You will lead a team of passionate and skilled game designers, guiding them through the development process. Your creativity, strategic thinking, and technical expertise will be instrumental in delivering a high-quality game.
• Lead brainstorming sessions and collaborate with the wider game team to generate designs.
• Develop and communicate a clear, cohesive design vision that aligns with the overall game vision.
• Provide direction and mentorship to a team of designers.
• Oversee and guide the design process, ensuring that each element contributes to the game vision.
• Create and maintain design documents.
• Communicate designs and decisions to cross-functional teams, fostering alignment and collaboration.
• Lead the development of prototypes, validating and iterating on designs.
• Collaborate closely with the development team to implement, test, and refine features and content throughout development.
• With the Product team, conduct player research and analyze feedback, informing design decisions to enhance the player experience.
• Stay informed of industry trends and competitor games, ensuring the game remains innovative and competitive.
• Work closely with QA teams to identify and address design-related issues, ensuring a polished and bug-free experience.
• 8+ years of design experience, including 3+ years in a managerial role.
• In-depth understanding of action games and comprehensive knowledge across all stages of live game development and operations.
• Proven track record of successfully shipping at least one action game.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Combines a creative mindset with strong analytical abilities.
• Collaborative nature with a commitment to delivering exceptional leadership experiences to the team.
The ideal candidate will also have
• A passion for game design and possesses a deep love for video games.
Why join us?
Although we're a new company, we're committed to making this a great place to work, so this is only the beginning of our benefits:
• Annual bonus
• Paid lunches
• Budget towards commuting costs
• Gym or sporting subscription to spend as you wish
• Home internet or mobile data plan provided
• Educational budget: for language learning, self-training, attending conferences, buying games and books etc
• Financial and practical assistance with relocation through our relocation partner and a relocation budget
• Twice yearly off-sites, this year we held one in Berlin and one in Helsinki
• PBG - Pizza, beer and games on the last Friday of every month
• 30 days holiday plus additional days from Christmas and New Year
• Discounts on PlayStation products and games
We're an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy269k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.