PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
• Creating realistic 3D characters/digital doubles and creatures in accordance with the artistic/technical specifications and the production deadlines
• Working with Supervisors to determine the style, scope, and polish of work
• Sculpt/model, texture, and shade in a PBR pipeline
• Researching reference materials for aesthetics and genre
• Collaborating with rigging, lighting, and FX team to meet specific needs
• Conducting an exhaustive revision process fleshing out concept art to final approved artwork
• Verify and ensure the artistic/technical integrity of the character assets
• Creating proxy models from which final animations will be based
• Working with Supervisors to improve character/creature pipeline
• 5+ years working experience in Character modeling/texturing/shading
• Excellent knowledge of MAYA, ZBrush, and Marvelous Designer
• Experience in grooming
• Knowledge of anatomy - proportions, muscle, and skeletal structures
• Understanding of mesh topology and edge loops
• Problem-solving skills; including the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and desire to deliver consistently high quality work
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A strong demo reel showing artistic sensibility and creative problem solving
• Ability to work within a strong team environment and willingness to share knowledge
• Please apply with your current resume, and a link to your demo reel
• Please include wireframe renders in your application
• Make sure that your resume includes your name, address, phone and email.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj1xo2-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.