1St Assistant Editor - Creative Content
• Demonstrate solid artistic skills in cutting storyboards and layout together with dialogue, sound effects and music to best craft a scene, often under tight schedules
• Possess a strong understanding of the technical production pipeline, including areas outside of immediate responsibility
• Able to take direction, interpret and execute notes
• Work collaboratively with others; adapt working style to specific needs of Director, Lead and show; Communicate effectively in a variety of settings
• Participate in the training, mentorship and development of the Assistants; partners with the Manager to provide feedback to the Assistants
• Remain flexible and adjust to the shifting demands of production
• 3 years Editorial experience in Feature Animated Films and/or Animated episodic projects
• 5 years experience in a Film Editorial Capacity
• Experience in the creative and technical aspects of film editorial and post production, ideally through First Assistant Editor positions in feature films or television
• Demonstrated experience as an Editor on long form narrative material or short subject films, including cutting storyboards
• Advanced technical knowledge of AVID media composer
• Must be able to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds and diverse perspectives (in order to maximize all voices being heard)
If selected for interviews, you will be asked to submit a 3-5 minute reel that ideally includes one complete scene for continuity.
To be considered, please include a cover letter with your resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykk80-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation.