• Implement and promote engineering standard methodologies
• Collaborate with Product Management on strategic roadmap planning and roadmap execution
• Lead the definition of requirements, priorities and planning of engineering projects.
• Establish and manage processes for efficient team execution
• Recruit, mentor and maintain a high-performing, cohesive team
• Manage communication to customers, executives, peer teams, product management, and the studio
• Collaborate with Managers and Directors across the Studio
• Manage team budget
• Build a diverse, inclusive, fair, collaborative, and dynamic team environment.
• Represent Pixar and RenderMan at industry events
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Demonstrated experience managing or leading development teams through full product delivery cycles
• 10+ years of industry experience (as engineer and manager)
• Strong working knowledge of modern software development methodologies and software design patterns and experience leading significant software projects/products
• Demonstrated success building significant applications
• Expertise in one or more programming languages like C++, Python, GPU programming with CUDA, OpenCL or other equivalent language
• Experience building stable and scalable software systems
• Practical knowledge with production technologies such as Digital Content Creation Tools like Maya, Houdini, Katana, Game Engines like Unity/ Unreal or similar
• Excellent English / written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working in a global environment and managing global teams
• Experience in rendering or realtime systems, digital content creation space (e.g., working in a 3D pipeline or software development).
• Experience in managing multi-sided businesses, creating a strategy that balances and optimizes different partners' incentives.
• Experience with successful execution and bias towards action, even in areas of uncertainty, with multi-functional teams across multiple locations and time zones, to get things done.
• Experience in film or game production pipelines
Pixar's objective is to combine proprietary technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0m65e-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.