• Publish accurate cutlists for output
• Deliver digital files (quicktimes, AAFs, change notes, DCPs, etc.) internally and externally as directed
• Prepare media and perform Quality Control on file and film outputs for sound and picture, sync, etc.
• Attend screenings in support of presentation quality. Operate Pixar screening room
• Help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
• Avid Film Composer daily operational maintenance
• Refine editorial processes, procedures, systems, and databases
• Optimize Assistant procedures and update documentation on internal Wiki
• Prepare preliminary music and sound effects, help maintain the studio sound effects and music databases
• Catalogue and maintain a digital library by tape or file source, description, and film sequence
Prepare Picture Media:
• Import and distribute storyboards and shots over network to editors
• Output digital masters and copies
Prepare Sound Media:
• Process dialog
• Conduct music and effects searches.
Attend Scratch and Production Dialog Recording Sessions:
• Monitor levels
• Log and import scratch and production dialogue from recordings
• Make audio masters and organize backup copies
• Set up video reference cameras to record actors
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Experience as a Production Assistant, Editorial Assistant or similar exposure to film production including post-production is required; experience as an Assistant Editor is preferred
• Minimum three years experience with Avid Media/Film Composer
• Minimum three years experience with Macintosh OS (mid-high level user)
• Minimum one year experience with video and audio engineering operations (e.g., signal routing, waveform/vector scopes, time code, codecs, monitor calibration)
• Experience with After Effects, Photoshop, FileMaker, ProTools, UNIX, HTML preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and take a creative, inquisitive approach to problem solving
• Must be able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload in a dynamic environment are required
*To be considered, please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j3p7-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.