The Penguin Random House Publishing Services team is seeking a sales assistant to provide support to a team of three and administrative support for the department as needed. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves to streamline and improve processes, enjoys creative problem-solving, and has a desire and willingness to seek increased responsibility and grow within a busy department. The sales assistant will work primarily with Penguin Random House sales and marketing liaisons, publishing operations, and digital customer operations teams to respond to client questions and concerns.
• Assist sales managers with day-to-day client queries
• Collect and maintain seasonal materials for client publishers, including assigning comparable titles and sales estimate due dates, meeting agendas, TIs, & PPT presentations
• Correspond with client publishers regularly regarding final sales estimates, meeting/deadline reminders, metadata, and sell-in material sweeps
• Maintain seasonal meeting materials for all publishers, track receipt of those materials, and maintain accuracy of title information
• Manage and announce drop-in titles
• Provide regular sales reporting to clients and sales managers
• Collaborate with other team members to ensure coverage for setting up and running WebEx meetings
• Distribute sales materials to reps as requested
• Manage gathering and sharing sales rep feedback with client publishers
• Help create and update documentation about processes and best practices for the imprint sales team
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter with enthusiasm and ability to take initiative
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with Outlook, Teams, SAP, or WebEx a plus!
• Experience in a customer support role, publishing, or bookselling a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Country: United States of America
State/Region: New York
City: New York City
Postal Code: 10019
Job ID: 167031
Aug 24, 2021
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3x73-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.