Penguin Random House is seeking a Specialty Retail Sales Assistant to support the Penguin Random House Special Markets sales team. The Special Markets area is an exciting channel expanding into many different markets outside traditional book retail accounts. This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about books and interested in sales to join a collaborative and fast-paced team.
This department sells all core and client titles, into niche retail, and wholesale accounts. The assistant will help effectively streamline sales outreach across the entire channel, providing sales support in the form of regular and regimented customer outreach and communication. In addition to supporting the team on their outreach, they will have their own categories assigned to them. The candidate will also be responsible for title curation, creating sales materials, and finding new outlets for our books.
Special Markets categories include craft books; art & architecture; home & garden; children's books; cookbooks; literary and commercial fiction; and other non-fiction/reference.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working closely with Account Managers to identify existing customers to be targeted
• Help support field rep salesforce
• Research and develop new markets for our books
• Craft targeted pitches
• Create seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and mailchimps
• Follow up on customer orders
• Follow up on sales leads
• Attend local trade shows, some weekend work required
• Capture and maintain notes on progress and upload to salesforce
• Communicate with Imprint Sales Team to ensure all requisite materials are sourced for seasonal sell-in
• Communicate with sales management regarding account activities and preparing weekly sales reports
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interest in publishing sales
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proactive with strong follow-up skills
• Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Entry-level salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process and please include a cover letter with your resume.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, Pre-Tax and Roth 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Student Loan Repayment Program, Educational Assistance & generous paid time off.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0e1z6-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.