We are seeking a skilled video editor responsible for editing and producing video for the various CBS News Digital platforms, including CBSN and CBSNews.com. This also includes original content as well as video from CBS News broadcasts and other content partners.
Responsibilities include finding best and most suitable editorial content, navigating CBS content management systems and working with different editorial and technical teams across divisions.
• Fulfill the needs of the daily news shows that get produced for CBSN; this includes but is not limited to: sourcing assets for the segments of the show, communicating with DA's, AP's and Producers, laying in cover for pre-tapes and putting together still strings.
• QC'ing videos before they get pushed to air. This includes but is not limited to: ensuring proper color correction is applied when needed, checking that audio levels are at their proper values and making sure there are no flash frames in video elements.
• Using ENPS to see what needs to be done for each show.
• Using Avid Interplay and Avid Media Central to source videos that are needed.
• Applying effects to video such as: spot shadows, blurs, tracked highlights, vignettes, etc.
• Ensuring that video courtesies are spelled correctly and in alignment with our practices, when necessary.
• Building out edits for special segments that air daily and weekly.
• Help shape the content and quality of each of our daily shows.
• Stay up-to-date with related technologies that can improve and help our workflows
• Keep current with new features and updates as it pertains to our Avid Media Composer NLE and its correlating infrastructure.
• Video edit more complex projects such as show opens, CBSN Originals, Web extras, CBSNews.com exclusives, sponsored segments and podcasts.
• Utilize creativity on how best to execute ideas that are told through the video medium.
• Develop innovative ideas and methods to present stories in the digital news space.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• A minimum of 7 years experience as a video editor and/or producer for broadcast and/or or digital news.
• A strong background in and robust experience with Avid Media Composer and its ecosystem with various interconnected tools, i.e. Interplay, iNews, Media Central, Nexis, ISIS.
• Network-level editorial judgment, creative storytelling and editing skills and ability to advance editorial vision.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced news environment with intense deadline pressure while maintaining a high level of quality with executing responsibilities.
• The ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop helpful.
• Must be able to multi-task and work collaboratively with editorial and technical teams across platforms and with different content partners.
You might also have -
• Expertise with Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Experience working with After Effects.
• Solid experience with ENPS.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y271-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.