Office Manager / Executive Assistant
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in High-Concept series episodic and feature films. With years long relationships with some of Hollywood's top creators, MR. X has delivered the visual effects for critically acclaimed titles like; The Shape of Water, Roma, American Gods and Vikings, to name a few. By partnering with our clients through every stage of their project, we help shape and guide what makes it to the screen, in some of the world's most exciting film and television content. MR. X has facilities in Toronto, Montreal, Bangalore, Los Angeles and Adelaide, with a combined staff of over 800 filmmakers, artists, and programmers. We are MR. X. Partners in storytelling.
The Workforce Planning Manager is responsible for managing a highly dynamic planning and scheduling function. The main focus will be deployment of resources in conjunction with show production schedules. To maximise productivity and capacity effectiveness, the Workforce Planning Manager will be working closely with the VFX Producers, Heads of department and Central Production.
This role will also involve the identification of all changes and issues relevant to resource planning and the associated corrective action management. The Resource Production Manager will inform decisions within the business and give visibility through data analysis of potential risks and opportunities.
• Assess the plan for future resource requirements, based on outputs from production bidding, levels of attrition and skills shortages, ensuring headcount and utilisation levels are in line with the show requirements
• Optimise the utilisation of staff across the studio, prioritising work and partnering with the management teams to drive resource allocation decisions
• Partners with the Department Heads and the Head of Global Recruitment to identify the hiring requirements
• Works with heads of departments on updating the Artist Rating System
• Participates in and presents analysis and resourcing reports in leadership meetings and working sessions
• Builds and maintains close relationships with the resources and heads of Department
• Discuss planned moves with all parties and agree with the business any relevant training plans needed
• Attend internal meetings to understand resource implications of potential new work
• Leveraging resources of related departments to address the studios resource and capacity challenges
• Keep documents tracking the department crews, and show assignments
• Strong working knowledge of Pronto, Hub and Excel
• Able to communicate and understand feedback
• Analytical, flexible and results-oriented
• Strong adaptability
• Strong time management
• Ability to mentor junior staff
• Strong influencing skills
• Good interpersonal skills