Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
Runners are key members of our team who help ensure the smooth running of our Studios as well as providing minor maintenance and other functions. Whether you've just graduated or are looking for a career change - being a Runner is a great place to get started in VFX. If you have a passion for visual effects and are looking for your first opportunity in the industry, then apply today.
Technicolor's film and episodic VFX studios are a keen investor in talent and many of our Runners progress to roles within our company in the Production department - the team that provides the backbone to our VFX Studios in terms of driving through our blockbuster film projects on time and on budget. If an opportunity like this interest and excites you then read on.
The Runner role is a varied, demanding yet rewarding position. You'll get to know every inch of our studio as you'll be constantly on the go, which means you'll get a unique insight into how everything works as well as getting to know a wide cross-section of the staff that make up our Studio team.
Below is a list of tasks that can be performed in the role
• Ensuring kitchens, tea points and communal areas are clean, tidy and fully stocked.
• Setting up breakfast daily for our employees.
• Help with miscellaneous administrative tasks such as scanning, filling, printing, etc.
• Organizing & picking up employees' ''Overtime'' meals (lunch & dinner).
• External deliveries or pickups to nearby facilities and/or stores.
• Delivering external mail & packages.
• Help calculate, receive & disperse food & office supplies inventory.
• Make sure office equipment is up kept (include: coffee machine, printers, fridges, etc.).
• Providing a first-class hospitality service for our client visits.
• Preparing lunch meetings for executives.
• Putting out afternoon & evening snacks for employees.
• Organizing 'Monthlies' (a company monthly event
Studio Runner Essentials:
• A smart cookie who can work unsupervised and always with a positive and sunny outlook.
• A friendly, quick thinker who is able to use their initiative.
• Someone who is happy to roll up their sleeves up and work hard, juggle multiple tasks and get things done quickly and efficiently.
• A 'doer' who can jump in and fix problems when they arise with a solution approach and a keen willingness to learn.
• A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software (word, excel).
• Able to work either day or evening shifts and availability for weekend work as required
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
• Customer service experience would be helpful but not essential.
• Knowledge of visual effects would be good but not essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvzm1-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.