Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
Lighting Artists are responsible for producing high-quality
lighting and rendering for our CG scenes. If you have a passion for
lighting and can use Maya and Renderman then we want to hear from you,
whether you've just graduated, are looking for new challenges or are
used to leading teams of Lighting TDs - all levels are welcome!
• Responsible for final 3D scene assembly and rendering of elements required to complete visual effects shots,
• Engaging at every stage of production including pre-visualization of complicated sequences, look development, and research and development,
• Optimize and troubleshoot lighting and rendering problems in a fast paced environment,
• Working closely with CG Supervisors to determine best approach to solve 3D challenges and develop final look,
• Will work closely with compositors to finish selected shots so that computer generated elements are seamlessly integrated with live-action plates.
For consideration we would expect many of the following skills:
• Experience with Maya and/or Houdini as well as a firm understanding of film production / post production techniques in a production environment,
• Intermediate-level compositing experience (Nuke),
• Ability to problem solve and predict potential problems with assigned tasks,
• Ability to manage personal as well as team milestones and deadlines,
• Strong communication skills are critical. Candidate must be able to work within a team, taking direction and exercising attention to detail in a fast-paced production environment,
• Experience with Renderman, Redshift, and/or Mantra a plus,
• Experience with Texture Painting or Look Development a plus,
• Experience with 3D modeling/texturing a plus,
• Experience with Python scripting a plus,
• At least 3 years of experience lighting for Feature Films.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wqn6-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.