Production Operations TD (Mid)
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) has been a global leader in visual effects (VFX) for over 25 years and counting, with established facilities across the globe. We are renowned for adding visual wonder and creative expertise to the film, advertising and entertainment industries, with some of our most famous projects including the blockbuster movies Blade Runner 2049, The Jungle Book, The Lion King and 1917, and advertising campaigns for Channel 4, Sony and IKEA.
MPC is part of Technicolor's premiere portfolio of VFX brands and services, working alongside Mr. X and Mikros to provide offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project. Within this collective, MPC has built a reputation for industrial-scale production of images, and the software development to enable this.
It is the responsibility of the ProdOps TD to create, configure, and maintain the 2D visual effects production pipelines for each of our movie projects. A successful candidate will have previous visual effects (or related) experience, familiarity with image processing and colour management, some competence and experience with Python , excellent trouble-shooting and communication skills, and a strong attention to detail. This role supports our show production, editorial and imaging science departments.
• Job setup, production pipeline configuration and support
• Ingestion (importing client materials shot on set, such as camera footage and all associated data files)
• Image/colour manipulation and reformatting
• masking, text burn-ins, information slate generation
• Quicktime generation
• file naming and organization
• Testing, ensuring quality control of all configuration and images produced
• Troubleshooting operational issues, liaising with Software and Render support
• Production tools development; film project support scripting
• Identifying changing requirements, recommending solutions
• Conforming and preparing sends and other deliverables using editing tools at your disposal
• Updating shots in online edits
• Quality checks edit accuracy before work leaves the department
• Confirming that all shot versions for mastering are approved and correct
• Works with adjacent departments (eg. Editorial, Compositing) to understand their processes and how DI fits in the VFX pipeline
• Works with and understands MPC Films shot pipeline, including status and note mechanisms
• Stays up-to-date on shot delivery tools and processes, output methods, and deliverable types
• Proven experience in Editorial or DI and/or experience in Post Production and/ or VFX
• Solid understanding of Technology used in Post Production such as colour grading, online and offline editing tools
• Experience with shot tracking databases (eg. Shotgun)
• An understanding of colour theory
• An understanding of file formats and codecs
• Ability to produce a visual result at the highest level
• Experience in a technical customer support role
• Nuke (or similar) scripting and tool development
• Understanding of basic colour science (colour spaces, LUTs)
• Proficient in the use of Linux command line
• 2D/Compositing experience an asset
• Exceptional team player; promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration within a team and across adjacent departments
• A strong commitment to quality, service and reliability
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work load
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious TD, post production specialist or technical artist looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology then we look forward to your application.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpm8mo-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.