CG Talent Manager (Staff & Contract roles available)
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
**Staff and Contract Roles are available**
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc is seeking a CG Talent Manager. As a crucial component of the Talent Management group, the CG Talent Manager is responsible for managing up to 100+ CG artists across a portfolio of disciplines, including casting, career development, performance management and resource scheduling. ILM is looking for an exceptionally talented, committed and seasoned Talent Manager with a passion for delivering unparalleled client service.
What You'll Do
• Manage a portfolio of artists, and as needed, provides support / back-up for other CG Talent Managers
• Develop and maintain current and future resource need models as required based on input from show project teams and other sources
• Communicate pro-actively with show project leaders and creative supervision regarding overall project requirements, crewing needs (start / end dates) and project milestones, anticipating and flagging challenges as required
• Maintain overview of crew utilization using proprietary resource management system
• Facilitate continuous feedback cycle through project mid- and post-mortems, end-of-show and annual performance review processes; give timely, actionable and constructive feedback as needed to help CG artists grow and improve to meet specific objectives or long-term career goals
• Collaborate with Recruitment function to define and meet current and future talent acquisition goals
• Collaborate with Human Resources function to establish and maintain competitive employee engagement strategy (compensation, terms of employment)
• Represent and nourishes studio culture through thoughtful, transparent and focused leadership
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree or greater in Film Production, HRM, or Communications
• Minimum of five years' experience in an artist management / resource management function in post-production visual effects, animation or gaming
• Understanding of CG terminology, and a thorough understanding of the processes and disciplines involved in CG post-production
• Demonstrates awareness of up- and downstream needs of stakeholders, including Production, CG Artists, and support teams (Recruitment, HR)
• Focus on strategic approach with the ability to address unexpected challenges in stride; calm, ''can-do'' attitude with an emphasis on collaborative communication.
• Anticipates risks / challenges and pro-actively develops alternatives with key stakeholders
• Proven analytical skills, effective scheduling and time management abilities
• Excellent administrative, organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a diverse range of personality types, perspectives and talents.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xoj1-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.