Lead Lighting Artist
Insomniac Games is looking for its next VFX Artist! You'll work to create special effects to work and assist in the gameplay, environment, and cinematics of the game.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
• Place effects throughout levels and cinematics
• Paint particle and decal textures
• Create simulations for gameplay elements
• Create FX shaders with node-based shader networks
• Create FX textures (color, normal, specular, ambient occlusion, height, and incandescent maps.)
• Create simple geometry and assign UV's
• Optimize FX for framerate and memory
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure that FX are implemented appropriately in the game engine
• Work with Art Director to maintain FX art direction for game
• Ability to work independently and with minimal oversight: Understands and adds to the overall art style of game
• Orchestrates FX events involving layering and timing of different FX to create a believable scene
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Proficient in Maya, competent working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations, hard surface modeling, and UV mapping
• Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures
• Proficient with node-based shader networks
• Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please submit your application below and be sure to include a link to your updated reel.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.