Insomniac Games is searching for a User Experience Researcher, responsible for supporting user research studies to improve the development of game content in terms of usability and player experience. This individual will collaborate with researchers and the development team to achieve buy-in and prepare for research studies. This role includes assisting the research team in delivering reports summarizing both qualitative and quantitative feedback for the development team. This position is required to travel to usability tests approximately once every two months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Collaborates with the development and external research teams to define the goals of the test including areas of concern, player demographic, and content to be tested.
• Conducts research studies including: site layouts, site maps, navigation design, content inventories, information organization models, error handling and icons with a focus on specific game content, balance and usability.
• Installs the latest builds and works with IT and team members to ensure the test will run without any technical issues.
• Recruits internal employees to participate in early development tests.
• Collaborates with recruitment agencies to find external participants that meet criteria for the player demographic.
• Creates surveys from templates and questions supplied by the research and design teams
• Moderates usability studies including one-on-one sessions, focus group interviews, and multi-participant playtests.
• Takes notes during tests to identify trends including player behaviors and usability issues.
• Ensures the delivery of reports on a consistent and timely basis.
• Presents reports for both internal and publisher run studies to the development team
• Queries data and creates dashboards for development team, while contributing to data organization and event definitions.
• Generates data-driven insights from game telemetry data to inform stakeholders, other research teams, and development team.
• Ability to synthesize feedback from multiple datasets including survey data, telemetry, interviews, and video.
• Runs longitudinal tests including diary studies and telemetry analysis.
• Identifies contributing issues including game system dynamics and player exploits.
• Develops surveys for studios outside of game testing to improve workflow processes.
• Other duties will be assigned
Education and/or Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Emphasis in psychology, human computer interaction, human factors or related field is required.
Technical Skills: Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of products, Google Spreadsheets and survey software such as Qualtrics and Survey Monkey.
• Self-directed and executes tasks with little supervision.
• Experience with multiplayer games is a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio link below. We look forward to reviewing your submission!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5px53-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.