Insomniac Games is currently looking for a Technical Artist. What does that mean? This Technical Artist will be responsible for the front lines of cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology development. This role helps develop Insomniac's future technology by continually looking for areas to enhance the team's current methods of content creation with innovative and optimized workflows and pipelines. This Technical Artist helps deliver the creative and innovative artistic possibilities for the studio. Please read on for more details:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Designs and develops improved content creation pipelines, processes, and workflows
• Provides documentation and mentors the content creation teams to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
• Creates sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate visual improvements
• Collaborates with the content creation teams and supports them with new tools
• Provides support to content creators for tools and pipelines owned by the department
• Keeps current with the technological developments and advancements throughout the game industry
• Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong knowledge of Maya as it pertains to engine content creation (animation, modeling, fx, rigging)
• Strong knowledge of Python, PyMEL, PyQt/PySide and Maya API
• Strong knowledge of cutting-edge content creation pipelines
• Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to technical art
• Experience in node-based shader networks such as those found in Unreal Engine
• Working knowledge of Houdini
• C++ knowledge a bonus
Other Skills: Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team. Develops and presents new and emerging techniques to team. Be open and generous in sharing advancements with the game development community.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- we want to hear from you. Please use the link to apply directly to this role. Thanks!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk89n-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.