New York, NY
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Senior Producer to join FOX Weather!
As the Senior Producer, you will have the opportunity to build content from the ground up. You are ready to lead a team through launch and into the future. You are a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who wants to take their creativity, passion, and career to the next level as part of the FOX Weather launch team. You are a master of storytelling and know the power of creating compelling segments and shows for the FOX Weather audience.
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
This position reports to the Executive Producer.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help drive content development and production for a FOX Weather streaming daypart
• As a key leader on a daypart, work with the show team and on-air meteorologists to deliver critical weather news and feature compelling weather stories
• Alongside the Executive Producer, manage and develop other show team members, coaching them to utilize best practices and grow in their careers
• Participate in daily team meetings to develop strategies for FOX Weather programming
• React to breaking weather news and ensure content is being covered as news happens
• Support planning future coverage in anticipation of high-profile events
• Work in partnership with newsgathering resources to ensure the best content from internal partners and external sources is highlighted in our coverage
• Provide feedback on FOX Weather user experiences
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 6 years of professional programming and production experience, including live control room skills
• Experience with talent management
• Experience in local and national news and current affairs, and breaking news
• Experience and understanding of OTT, VOD, & streaming digital content on all platforms
• Knowledge of weather and meteorology, including forecasting tools and technology
• Decisive and skilled management of a control room
• Strong ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
• Excellent organizational and managerial skills, as well as the ability to create a collaborative environment that fosters teamwork
• Enthusiasm for getting new products and platforms going and the creative energy to ignite great ideas and highly motivate direct reports and staff
• Excellent communication skills, a great collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
• Must have a passion for weather - weather experience is a plus!
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Degree in Journalism or related field
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.