Overview - What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an HR Business Partner Lead - Corporate who will create amazing, fun experiences for the talented people who use our technology and make our games. We are looking for a strategic, people loving, motivated and customer service oriented HR person who is comfortable living in the grey. This exciting role partners with Epic's company President and his leadership team, and with employees of all levels to ensure Epic is an amazing place to work with opportunities for growth! The client group is broad and covers Marketing, Communications, Partnerships, Epic Games Store, and Games Publishing and other functions. This role will also lead a small team of HR Partners and HR Coordinators who support other corporate and G&A functions.
• Understanding of a fast growth, global company and the impacts this has on the teams you support
• Works with business leaders in the US and globally, partnering with local HR Partners as needed
• Providing proactive pragmatic coaching to business units in the areas of talent development, organizational design, performance management, succession planning and manager coaching
• Able to lead and support change management initiatives as well as Acquisition integration as needed
• Support onboarding framework for new hires to ensure productivity and strong employee experience, help lead the onboarding process for key hires
• Partnering with leads, employees and Compensation team on compensation questions
• Attending business team status meetings as needed to understand the business, the people and staying abreast of changes on the projects, teams, and its effect on the business and our people
• Supporting career development initiatives specific to assigned Teams
• Partnering with team leads to build plans, projects, training, etc., as needed to support those development opportunities
• Managing employee relations discussions and challenges with assigned Teams
• Managing performance related discussions and plans with assigned Teams
• Develop the HR capabilities of the HR Business Partners and Coordinators you manage
• Serve as one of the senior HR Partner leads across the company and be a part of the HR Leadership team, helping to drive the transformation of the HR team to proactive and strategic
• Travel to locations may be required as need to support business needs
• Minimum 12+ years of HR Generalist and HRBP experience, including partnering with senior leaders, C level executive partnership preferred
• Able to exceed and deliver results in a complex global fast pace organisation.
• Expertise in navigating within ambiguous situations, with high levels of autonomy
• Able to deal with change and desire to make a difference is paramount
• Past experience with growth and departmental transformation required
• Excellent project management skills
• Current, in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to human resources and employee management, including workers' compensation, and state employment laws
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, working in a virtual environment
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we've been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic's award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Founded in 1991, Epic Games is a leading interactive entertainment company and provider of 3D engine technology. Epic operates Fortnite, one of the world’s largest games with over 350 million accounts and 2.5 billion friend connections. Epic also develops Unreal Engine, which powers the world’s leading games and is also adopted across industries such as film and television, architecture, automotive, manufacturing, and simulation.