BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT | UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
We drive adoption and usage for Unreal Engine and provide our customers with the tools and support to make amazing visual projects in the Unreal Engine. We help customers across verticals maximize their adoption of Unreal Engine and related products towards a robust and vibrant Metaverse.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Business Development Manager based in one of our US or Canadian offices to manage and provide strategic direction for the expansion of Unreal Engine in the Media & Entertainment space. This person will be engaged in an ongoing manner and proactively work with UE licensees and the Epic Games partners ecosystem in Film & Television to deeply understand the unique needs of their projects and strategically gain line of sight to future needs/projects (including teams within parent organizations). This person, working closely with the Media & Entertainment industry director at Epic, will animate and stimulate the engagement of the Film & Television industry with Epic's suite of tools and technologies.
This role requires a deep understanding of the Film & Television industry, who the players are, and is capable of making inroads to the studios, filmmakers, and content creators that make the images we see. This person should also be intimately familiar with the entire production pipeline as well as the workflows for creating digital content.
The Business Development Manager for Media & Entertainment will thrive with ambiguity, excel at creating new processes that fit into existing frameworks, and then be able to scale those new processes across a broader set of accounts.
In This Role You Will
• Managing the day to day requirements of Epic Games Unreal Engine licensing for Media & Entertainment with a primary focus on driving adoption of Unreal Engine across the Media and Entertainment space
• Partnering with the global BD team for Media & Entertainment and UE Business Director for Media & Entertainment, Engaging current and prospective licensees of Unreal Engine in the Americas with the goal of increasing Unreal Engine's market share in the industry.
• Liaising with Territory Head and other senior level executives on terms of license agreements, strategies to obtain new licensees, and business development targets for the Americas market share
• Facilitating discussion and approvals for all deals, including industry and regional leadership where needed for custom terms and discounts
• Securing detailed and organized product feedback from clients and help disseminate the feedback to the product managers
• Helping to identify production trends and bottlenecks and partnering with the product team to address appropriately
• Evangelizing Unreal Engine to current and prospective licensees via all reasonable means, including but not limited to live office visits, trade shows, and conferences throughout the territory
• Discussing and analyzing licensee requirements and communicate requirements and reactions to the business development and Unreal Engine management teams for analysis and development of future iterations of the engine
• Assisting Epic Games PR and Marketing teams on Unreal Engine public relations and marketing plans for the Americas
• Staying up-to-date on competitor products to assess competitive advantages of Unreal Engine
• Frequent travel within the territory to meet with licensees and potential licensees. Some travel outside the territory to meet organizational goals will be required
• What We're Looking For
• Experience in a sales or business development capacity working with Media & Entertainment in the Americas
• Highly motivated, goal oriented, self starter capable of working at a high level in a team or on their own
• Management experience within high growth organizations
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with a variety of positions and functions within and outside the organization
• Intimate knowledge of the Media & Entertainment marketplace in the Americas
• Strong connections in the Media & Entertainment industry
• Experience negotiating with international organizations
• Proficiency in any other languages is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy4pjk-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.