Assistant Editor, Versioning (Contract)
The Epic Games Video Production Team is seeking an organized and detail-oriented Assistant Editor to work with Producers and Sr. Editors on the versioning, QC and exporting of Epic produced video content. From Fortnite to Unreal Engine and more -- this Assistant Editor will be responsible for maintaining Epic's high video quality standards by checking large volumes of video exports, along with other post production tasks. The ideal candidate can spot both small and large errors / mistakes, communicate them to production and help fix them if needed. This is a contract position.
• Using Adobe Premiere Pro and Media Encoder - assemble and export localized versions of short form promo video assets.
• QC large volumes of video exports, which contain localized versions in many languages, and make sure they contain no errors or mistakes
• Be able to document errors or mistakes as they relate to QC'd video content and relay them quickly to Post Production Producers
• Fix simple errors in Premiere, Media Encoder if needed with Post Production Producers
• Create SRT files and transcriptions on various videos that require it
• Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder
• Knowledge of numerous video codecs and how to manipulate them
• A firm grasp of GSuite, especially Gmail, Docs, and Sheets
• Excellent communication, time and project management skills
• 1+ Years in a post-production role working with large volumes of video content in multiple languages
• 1+ Years in a video editing role
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine and Epic's games like Fortnite
• A passion for video games and understanding of video game content creation found on many video platforms, such as YouTube, Twitch, Instagram and more
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2kvw-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.