Senior Accountant (Texas)
The Senior Accountant will plan, direct, coordinate or liaise one or more administrative services of the business unit, supporting the Finance and HR departments, maintaining records and information management, reports and accounts payable, employee relations and other office support services. This position reports to the local Market Manager with a dotted line relationship to the Regional Controller.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities Include:
• Assist with General Ledger/Monthly close, reconciliation and journal entries
• Management of Payroll
• Accounts Receivable/Payable
• Assist with Forecasts, Prepare and review operational reports
• Assist Regional Controller with annual Budget and monthly Forecast updates
• Interfaces with shared services, the governance team, HR and Corporate as needed.
• Assist management with basic employee relations matters. Partner closely with Region HR team to escalate more serious issues.
• Act as the primary point of contact for Human Resources matters for your location. Including but not limited to Employee Relations, on-boarding, terminations, record keeping, file maintenance.
• Maintain employee HR files and assist with open enrollment, benefits, and exception handling tasks.
• Administer employment processes: onboarding/orientation and management of payroll.
• Assist management with basic employee relations matters.
• Provide additional support in a regional capacity as assigned under the Regional Controller.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred, plus 3-5 years in an Accounting/Finance capacity. Human Resources experience a plus.
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications; Excellent database & spreadsheet skills. Wide Orbit, Concur , Avature, Ultipro experience a plus.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Fast paced, dynamic environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. Frequently handles sensitive and confidential material. Must demonstrate 100% confidentiality on all manners.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
A valid driver's license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant's own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
• Accounting Experience including: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger
• Experience in Payroll management
• Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality requirements.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated competency with all Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
• Experience working with a unionized workforce highly desirable.
• Interpersonal Savvy- relates well with all people.
• Experience with Human Resources practices and processes.
• Builds rapport and effective relations, and uses diplomacy and tact.
• Approachability- is easy to approach and talk to; is a good listener.
• Action Oriented- enjoys working hard, and is action oriented.
• Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, finds sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
• Planning/organizing- prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Developing self & others- confident and assertive when providing coaching, guidance or direction.
Entercom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Entercom affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless
of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state,
or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment
opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Entercom, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.