Web Campaign Project Manager, EAX Publishing
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important programs for EA's community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These programs span the digital touchpoints where players connect to the EA Network, including: EA's gaming service on PC through Origin and the new EA Desktop application; the EA Play subscription program on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam; EA.com's corporate, marketing and player engagement activations, and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect players across platforms and within our games.
Reporting to one of our Development Directors, in your role as a Project Manager for EAX Publishing, you will support and improve our digital publishing pipeline, live services, and site management associated with maintaining EA's player destinations, web presence, and digital storefronts. This includes working with external team members, aligning with internal partners in content management, design, and development, all with an eye on creating and iterating on high-quality player experiences, addressing live site issues and improving the player experience. The Project Manager will coordinate the role of Content Managers working on the same projects. As well, you will define, track, and report essential performance metrics and improvement opportunities for the Publishing team. As part of the EAX EA.com & Digital Operations team at EA Still Creek, you play an important part in building the player experience for EA. We like to say that ''we see farther,'' and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You're someone with a proven track record for:
• Managing workload priorities across multiple work streams, including game development support, content publishing, merchandising, marketing programs, and site management.
• Building a framework approach to plan and prioritize risk for workload releases.
• Managing content configurations that support programs related to the player experience, EA digital store, and subscriptions models to ensure partner and program requirements are met.
• Managing relationships with multiple partners to accomplish important deliverable dates and service.
• Supporting player engagement and content plans through publishing content for EA's player portals including regional and localized requirements.
• Supporting merchandising programs and promotional events on the digital store.
• Setting up and managing publishing processes to distribute content updates, offer incentives, and other ad hoc communications to customers or partners.
• Supporting pricing updates, product adjustments, content releases, and related activities for EA's player network, including updates requested by franchise or territory leads.
• Resolving issues and removing roadblocks. You quickly understand partner needs, and create holistic solutions in a systematic way.
• Collaborating. You build trusting relationships across the organization, and share your ideas and your rationale openly.
• Adapting. You have a passion for quality, and determine the best approach based on player feedback, data, and the competitive landscape. You identify challenges and adjust as you go.
• Maintaining calm. You know how to motivate and energize your teams, even when navigating uncertainty.
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
• 3+ years experience leading medium-scale projects from scope definition to material deliverables and essential milestones.
• 4-year college graduate with a background in business or technical field, OR 2+ years of professional experience in the e-Commerce, digital content management, web publishing, digital operations, or related domain space.
• Project management skills such as creating work back schedules, reviewing requirements with partners including development and legal resources, allocating and forecasting resources, and then setting priorities and tracking the project lifecycle.
• Manage the work of Content Managers, and providing guidance and mentorship for Content Managers.
• Track budgets for specific project areas.
• You're comfortable working in a live service environment, where plans and requirements tend to change often, to meet the needs of our partners.
• Experience with JIRA or other web-based ticketing systems.
• Experience with project and workload management applications, and top tier web browsers.
• Experience with web merchandising software or content management systems (CMS).
• Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other web technologies.
• Familiarity with current subscription and e-Commerce user/buyer feature sets available on major web storefronts (e.g. Netflix, Amazon, Steam, and iTunes).
• Enthusiasm for gaming is desired; ability to stay on the forefront of industry trends is a big plus.
In a typical week, the Project Manager would...
• Attend weekly meetings with partners across the company to discuss upcoming campaign releases and game launches.
• Plan out upcoming web releases, and review the success metrics on already live activations
• Work with designers, developers, and project managers to build and review each web activation
• Ask questions and look for answers, find and use resources to achieve success.
• Champion effectively with both local and global partners.
• Understand how technology, design, and processes interact to create products, tools, and approaches to accomplishing work.
• Follow standardized documentation and processes but able to identify opportunities to inspire creativity and improvements.
• Report on results.
• Excel in an environment that embraces change with enthusiasm and focus.
You'll build relationships and work with…
• Product Managers, Engagement Managers, Content Managers, and other members of the EAX team to help build the live service for EA.com, Origin.com, our subscription programs, and the new EA Desktop application.
• Teams from Marketing, Product Lifecycle Management, Studio, and Development.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1owv0-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.