Sr. Workday Manager
Redwood City, CA
Most companies call it HR. At Electronic Arts we made the deliberate decision to brand our organization People Experience (PE). It's not just a play on words, PE is a team of cultural stewards who carefully craft programs and talent strategies that directly impacts our teams' experience and enables our People to achieve the most meaningful work of their careers.
We're responsible for recruiting the best diverse talent on the planet and supporting their growth through learning programs, internal mobility, affinity group participation, and leadership development. We have equity and inclusion at the center of all of our programs and practices to ensure that EA is a place where all people from all identities and backgrounds can thrive. We continually listen to our employees and dive into analytics to anchor our recommendations and decisions to keep engagement high. Last but not least, we're responsible for a total rewards strategy that incentivizes equitably, provides world class benefits, and ensures a safe and inspiring workplace for our teams.
Why this is a good position for you
EA has been a leader in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Interactive Entertainment industry, through the diverse representation of characters in our games along with stories and narratives which are authentic to those identities. In addition we have been a strong champion of equality in the world through our strategic partnerships, outreach programs and philanthropy. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion remain foundational to EA's values and our external platform. Within EA, we have made significant progress over the past five years in creating a diverse team and an inclusive culture. Yet much more work needs to be done.
Our next leader for this space will focus on advancing EA's efforts in deep partnership with EA's Executive team, our business unit leaders and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs.) This role will refine and drive the development of an Integrated Enterprise Inclusion Strategy that is globally relevant and cross-functionally applicable supported by BU Inclusion Action Plans that are owned and led by business leaders in partnership with People Experience Business Partners and COEs. The role also works closely with our Corporate Social Responsibility team to ensure that our Outreach efforts align with this important area of focus.
Inclusion and diversity must be integrated into everything we do, a mindset with which we operate, a capability we build, a performance metric we goal, and success we measure and reward. It is an integral part of all of our people programs and practices. This is not a consultant role, rather we strive to hire a leader who is capable of designing a strategy, working closely with many partners across EA to execute on that strategy and leads a team who program manages all aspects of the work underway at EA to ensure that it aligns to our overall strategy and that we are collectively moving the company forward at a pace we can all be proud of.
About The Job
• Design and implement a holistic, global Inclusion Strategy that will integrate inclusion into the foundation of our systems/processes and culture
• Develops a change plan anchored in deep diagnosis of EA's current state and the appropriate interventions to accelerate progress
• Partner within People Experience and across all functions and geographies to build trust and the integrated solutions and ecosystem to accelerate the Company's I&D efforts
• Serve as a thought leader in the organization on all aspects of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion bringing innovative, leading edge ideas and relevant solutions that drive accountability and transparency; serve as a sounding board and counsel for the Executive Team in this space
• Lead a diverse and globally dispersed team (of people leaders and individual contributors) to achieve the vision of the Company through influence and integration of inclusive behaviors and habits
• Collaborate to position EA as an industry leader in inclusion and diversity and leading the way with inclusive storytelling and characters in our games
• Oversee EA's global employee resource groups and local chapters providing strategic guidance and direction to accelerate the Inclusion Strategy and ensure their influence within the organization promotes increasing employee engagement, business impact and maintaining an inclusive culture that promotes belonging and authentic local identity
• Lead the Diversity and Inclusion Council to set company-wide goals and establish metrics to monitor progress and performance of all programs and initiatives
• Partner with Corporate Communications to engage employees in our diversity, inclusion and outreach work internally and with external partners and players; drive the content to tell our story internally and externally, working with our Communications partners and Marketing on our I&D global brand strategy and messaging
• Collaborate across People teams to build fair and equitable people practices across the entire talent lifecycle and build inclusion capabilities in every leader, manager and team member.
The ideal candidate is highly collaborative, working effectively and efficiently with all functions. S/he has experience in successfully leading, building, and maintaining a global diversity and inclusion strategy, and has a demonstrated ability to influence at the executive level. S/he is an innovative leader known for execution discipline and management of a team of motivated individuals.
For the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we would highlight the following:
• Experience delivering strategic diversity initiatives across a global organization with business leader support; demonstrated ability to prioritize work
• Demonstrated success in developing and optimizing diversity related programs with metrics to inform decisions
• Demonstrates a global perspective and relates effectively across cultures. Leads teams across geographic and organizational boundaries
• Be willing to experiment and implement new practices to evolve EA's programs while embodying EA's purpose and beliefs
• Ability to influence and drive action at all levels of the organization; Proactively identifies and removes roadblocks to success by effectively collaborating with cross-functional peers to resolve issues, ensure alignment and clarify roles and responsibilities
• Uses strong communication, listening, and negotiation skills to deliver messages in a clear and compelling manner
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10+ years of experience with Diversity and Inclusion programs or related talent management program experience
• Excellent leadership, consulting, collaboration, organizational, and change management skills
• Extensive experience leading complex projects related to Diversity and Inclusion in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.